Some quick facts on Apple and its earnings release yesterday:
- Apple's calendar year 2012 profits were the highest of any company, ever
- Its Q1 2013 earnings were the 4th largest quarterly profit of any company in history
- Apple trades at 10.2 times trailing earnings, less than 9 times future forecasted earings
- Apple has USD 137 Billion cash, about RM 420 Billion, Apple alone could almost settle the whole of the Malaysian debt
- Excluding cash (USD 145 per share), Apple is trading at 7 times earnings
- It's share has dropped from a high of 700 to 450, a drop of 36%
- But ..... critics will point out that Apple's margins are falling, and they are correct
Apple's history in launching innovative products:
2004: iPod mini
2013: Will we see another invention? Capital expenditure for R&D is up.
The above written with the help of an article from SeekingAlpha:
"In Defense Of Apple: Battling The Mounting Hysteria" by Helix Investment Management.
The share price is exactly back where it was one year ago: