The government plans to address the existence of too many government agencies involved in innovation and technology in order to enhance efficiency and eliminate red tapes, said Datuk Seri Mohd Najib Razak.
The prime minister (PM) said presently there are a myriad of entities with so many roles which have created the risk of fragmentation in the innovation space.
“At the last count, entities in the government involved in technology innovation include:
- five units under PM’s Department
- three ministries with direct technology funding
- six ministries with technology associations
- three regulators
- four councils that I chair
- four other councils
- three development corporations with funding
- seven development agencies or corporations
- one foundation
- six research institutions
- five mutual funds
- five managed funds
- 11 funding agencies
If I add them all up, 63 in total. Simply amazing .....