Tuesday 28 April 2015

Bursa limits information to 5 years ONLY?

I noticed the blog posting on Serious Investing:


"While checking out some information, I realised that I am able to search for information on a particular company only for the last 5 years (see below diagram). In the past I was able to obtain information for any particular company since 1999 if not mistaken as long as they were around since then.

Information for more than 5 years is definitely needed as one will need to look at trends or any changes that occurred, or even identify the progress of each of the company.

I am not so sure if this is due to Bursa limiting it temporarily due to some housekeeping reasons or is this permanent. If it is permanent, I will definitely need all readers to lobby to request for it to be reinstated to what was offered before. This is the period where information is more than important and critical for the sake of investor's knowledge. It is also when stock exchanges competes for clients - limiting information is many steps backward.

I thought Bursa was doing something great before."


I can't agree more with this, am absolutely shocked.

When I read the above I was sure that something had gone wrong, but it seems "Serious Investing" is indeed right. All information from before 2010 is gone.

These days hard disk space is almost for free while Bursa is making huge profits, having a monopoly, so money can not be the issue.

Especially in the light of the (terribly slow enforcement), where many cases take 7 years or more before they are even mentioned, how can anyone do serious research on Bursa counters, if one can not even find back what the enforcement was about? I have mentioned many cases in my blog dating back from before 2010, all those announcements are now not available anymore?

I hope all parties involved will pressure Bursa to restore the announcements website back to its old glory. This looks like a move completely in the wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment